Texas Caviar is just the right snack for the game this Sunday. I know the question that is coming to your heads. What is the “caviar” part of this dip? Well, fancy schmancy black beans of course! Hey, that’s how we roll in Texas.
Since I am still new to this blogging thing, I don’t have a huge archive of snacks so I thought I would feature snacks from other bloggers that look amazing!
- My friend Nikki, over at Pennies on a Platter is featuring delicious, homemade soft pretzels. I have made them in the past and they are terrific!
- Cake & Allie has a great copy cat recipe for Chili’s southwestern egg rolls. The best part? They are baked, not fried! I’m planning on making them for Sunday.
- Gina at Skinny Taste has some awesome BAKED mozzarella sticks. YUM!
- The Brown Eyed Baker, Michelle, is cooking up a hot pizza dip, which would be a great alternative to your ordinary boxed pizza.
- And lastly, you need a dessert right? So, my favorite pick in this category comes from Joy the Baker. Are you ready for this? Toasted Marshmallow milkshake!
Have a great weekend everybody!
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium size red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15.8 oz) can black-eyed peas (or black beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.5 oz) can white hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 oz) jar medium picante sauce
- 1/2 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 T. lime juice
- 1/2 t. salt
- Stir together all ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and chill, stirring occasionally, 8 hrs.
- Serve with tortilla chips.