Happy Friday Y’all. Oh, did I mention this dessert is a slow cooker recipe?? Yes Ma’am. You’re welcome.
|Hot Fudge Spoon Cake|
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 c. brown sugar, packed and divided
- 1/4 c. plus 3 T. baking cocoa, divided
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/2 c. milk
- 2 T. butter, melted
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- 1 3/4 c. hot water
- optional: Vanilla Ice Cream
- Combine flour, one cup brown sugar, 3 T. cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk in milk, butter, and vanilla. Spread evenly in a slow cooker.
- Mix together remaining 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 c. cocoa. Sprinkle evenly over top of batter.
- Pour in hot water; do not stir. Cover and cook on high setting for 2 hours or until a toothpick inserted one inch deep comes out clean.
- Spoon warm cake into bowls; top with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
I used a 3 qt. crockpot for this recipe. You can’t use a large crock pot for this recipe or it won’t turn out right.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch