Oh well, I now and forever will, know how to spell L-A-S-A-G-N-A. I like to try all kinds of variations of this delicious comfort food. Different cheeses, different meat combinations, various tomato sauce recipes… It’s all good to me.
This time I decided to try a slow cooker lasagna. It’s 19 degrees outside today, I’m staying in cleaning and organizing the house and I can’t think of anything better than to smell lasagna slowing cooking, all day. And it’s easy to put together! Just layer everything in the crock pot- no need to cook the noodles!
|Slow Cooker Lasagna|
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 29 oz. can tomato sauce
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 c. water
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. dried oregano
- 16 oz. pkg. part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 oz. container 1% low fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- Brown beef, onion, and garlic in a large skillet; drain. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, salt and oregano; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cheeses. Layer 1/3 meat sauce, 1/2 lasagna noodles (broken to fit slow cooker) and 1/2 cheese mixture in a slow cooker. Repeat layers, finishing with meat sauce.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 4-5 hours.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch