She is just as sweet at can be. Of course my mom put me in charge of the food so with a little help from Paula Deen and Pinterest, we came up with a fabulous menu for brunch. The hit of the brunch was a hash brown crust quiche.
Instead of the usual pastry crust, we used shredded hash browns instead. The egg part of the quiche comes together very quickly and you can exchange ham for sausage or bacon and add a variety of vegetables. Of course, you can also change the selection of cheese.
As great as the quiche was, little Riley Roo stole the show! She brings so much joy to our family and we love her to pieces!
|Hash Brown Quiche|
- 3 cups, shredded frozen hash browns, thawed and drained
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 cup diced cooked ham
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Gently press the drained hash browns between paper towels to dry them as best as possible. In a 9-inch pie plate, toss the hash browns with the melted butter into the plate. Press them into the bottom and up the sides to form a crust. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown and starting to crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. When the hash brown crust is ready pour the egg mixture over it and return to the oven.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for about 30 minutes until the quiche is light golden brown on top and puffed.