I’m talking about FRIED RAVIOLI.
Hot, crunchy outside and gooey, soft cheese on the inside. Mmmm… once you start nibbling, it’s hard to stop! Try it at your next party!
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 1-2 c. italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 bag of frozen ravioli, thawed
- vegetable oil for frying
- marinara sauce, for serving
- Put 1 c. buttermilk in a shallow dish.
- Put 1-2 c. italian style breadcrumbs in another shallow dish.
- Fill a cast iron skillet with vegetable oil to the depth of 2 inches and warm over medium heat to 325 degrees.
- While the oil heats up, dip thawed ravioli in the buttermilk and then in the crumbs to cover completely.
- When the oil is hot, carefully lower a few ravioli’s at a time into the oil and cook 3-4 minutes, or until brown.
- Drain on a paper towel and serve warm with marinara sauce.