The little sugar fairy has been flying around my kitchen this weekend, waving her magic wooden spoon and making magical cheesecakes appear! PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE no less!
Look at this beautiful double layer cheesecake? Just feast your eyes on those little puffy clouds of whipped cream and candied pecans on top! I bet you are wishing the dessert fairy would come to your house!
Well, the dessert fairy can’t visit everyone but she does leave her recipes around my kitchen so that I can share them with you. Oh, and she also wants everyone to know that this cheesecake is a real crowd pleaser at Thanksgiving. Consider making it in place of the usual pumpkin pie.
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 (9-in.) prepared graham cracker crust (recipe follows)
- 1/2 c. pumpkin puree
- 1/2 t. ground cinnamon
- pinch ground cloves
- pinch ground nutmeg
- Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 c. crushed graham crackers
- 1 stick (1/2 c.) butter, melted
- 1/4 c. sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Blend in eggs one at a time. Remove 1 cup of batter and spread into bottom of crust; set aside. Add pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg to the remaining batter and stir gently until well blended. Carefully spread over the batter in the crust. Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until center is almost set. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Crust Directions:
- Mix all ingredients and press them into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- (I used 1 1/2 c. crushed graham crackers and 1/2 c. crushed candied pecans! SO GOOD!)