Recipe type: dessert
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
- 6 Granny Smith apples (about 8 cups slices)
- 2 T. white sugar
- 8 graham crackers (2 1/2 x 5 in.) coarsely crushed
- 3/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. (one stick) butter, melted
- Ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel, core and slice apples. Sprinkle the apples with 2 T. white sugar and stir to evenly coat. Place in a baking dish, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine crushed graham crackers, brown sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon in a bowl. Pour melted butter over the mix and stir to evenly coat with butter.
- Pour the crumb mixture over the apples.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and cook an additional 5-10 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve with ice cream.
Recipe by Sweet Tea and Taters at http://sweetteaandtaters.com/?p=1794