Recipe type: Main
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
- 1 3 lb. brisket
- 1 T. chili powder
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 16 oz. Dr. Pepper
- BBQ sauce of your choice
- Rub both sides of the brisket with salt, pepper, chili powder, and garlic.
- Place the brisket in a crockpot. Pour Dr. Pepper over the meat. Cover and cook on low 8-9 hours, until fork tender.
- Either serve sliced or save it for chopped brisket tomorrow.
- Chopped brisket is easier to do the day after you cook it and have refrigerated it overnight.
- Take the brisket out of the cold refrigerator and chop it up fine.
- Transfer the chopped beef to a saucepan and pour some BBQ sauce over the top. Stir to combine.
- Cook it on medium-low heat, covered, stirring occasionally until hot.
- Serve on open-faced sandwiches, baked potatoes (or sweet potatoes), use for enchiladas, tacos, quesadillas, pizza, nachos, etc.
Recipe by Sweet Tea and Taters at http://sweetteaandtaters.com/?p=1783