Kids will love this recipe because it involves mixing, measuring, rolling, and dipping. You will like this recipe because you only need six ingredients, one bowl, and two minutes to clean-up. These cookies are moist, really, REALLY soft, and when cooked just right, slightly gooey in the middle. If you don’t like a gooey center, you can leave the cookies in the oven a couple minutes longer than the recipe calls for. I personally love the gooey inside because I get a really good taste of the butter and cream cheese! While the warm goo slides down my throat I feel all cozy inside and for just a minute, all is right in the world. But if you aren’t into that kind of thing… so be it.
|Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cookies|
- 8-oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- In the bowl of a mixer, cream together the cream cheese and the butter. Beat in the egg, then the vanilla. Beat in the cake mix until completely combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Roll the chilled dough into tablespoon sized balls. Roll in confectioners’ sugar, and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Recipe Source: Taste and Tell Blog, original recipe by Paula Deen