Now, I have been wanting to make this dessert pizza for a long time now but my conscience always kicks in and says to me, “You don’t need chocolate pizza. Be a good girl now and just have a glass of water.”
Well, this week I told my conscience to “shut-up” and I made me a chocolate pizza!
My conscience can suck it because this pizza is awesome and totally worth the splurge. Pizza crust topped with chocolate pudding topped with crumb topping, warm and gooey right out of the oven. Doesn’t get much better than that. If you think you might have seen this somewhere else, you are probably right. It is a copycat recipe of CiCi’s chocolate pizza. I used to love going to CiCi’s after high school football games on Friday nights with all my friends. All you can eat for only $2.99! I felt sorry for the people that worked at that CiCi’s because they had to just cringe when they saw us coming. Big, hungry football players + all their peeps = A LOT OF PIZZA, A LOT OF NOISE, and A LOT OF CLEANUP. Awww, those were the days….
Happy Pizza Friday Y’all!
- 1 prepared pizza dough
- 1 box (3.4 oz) cook & serve chocolate pudding, prepared according to package directions and cooled
- Crumb Topping:
- 1/2 C. Flour
- 3 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1/4 C. Softened Butter
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Spread and shape dough on greased pizza pan. Pierce dough with fork 8 or 10 times. Place in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread 3/4 cup of chocolate pudding on dough, sprinkle with 1/4 cup of crumb topping.
- Place back in oven and bake for 18 – 20 minutes. Crumb topping should be a little crisp.
- Crumb Directions:
- Mix flour, sugar, brown sugar, and salt. Place butter with mixture and blend until the crumb topping resembles corn meal.
Recipe Source: Copycat Recipes