Last night I tried out these mini turkey meatloaves from Gina’s Skinny Taste. They were EXCELLENT! I used BBQ sauce instead of ketchup because I have a slight obsession with BBQ sauce but ketchup would be equally as delicious. This meal did not taste low-fat at all but I got the comforting feeling that I love in a meatloaf. The best part of this whole meal? I knew exactly how much I was eating and exactly how many calories were on my plate. I will definitely be trying more recipes from Gina’s blog very soon!
|Mini Turkey Meatloaves|
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1.3 lb 99% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup ketchup + 2 tbsp
- 2 tsp worcesterchire sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp marjoram
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Saute olive oil and onion on low until translucent.
- In a medium bowl mix turkey, onion, oatmeal, egg, ketchup, salt and marjoram. Divide into four equal loafs and place each loaf into a non stick mini loaf pan or shape into small loafs on an un-greased nonstick baking pan.
- In a small cup mix remaining 2 tbsp ketchup with worcesterchire sauce and brush onto each loaf to give it a nice glaze.
- Bake uncovered for about 40 minutes at 350°. After baking let it sit for 5 minutes serving.