If you don’t like spicy, this recipe is not for you so change the channel and read no further. BUT, if you like it HOT, you will LOVE this Sriracha bean dip. My husband is a huge fan of all things spicy. I swear the man has a stomach made of iron because he can consume spicy, habanero filled food without skipping a beat. I, on the other hand, can not. I’m pretty sure I have a stomach ulcer and the slightest bit of spiciness in my food sends me into orbit! I actually hate it because I would love to eat spicy salsa and flamin’ hot Cheetos but alas, it will never happen.
ANYWAY, I made this Sriracha bean dip for my hubby because he is so busy studying and getting grades turned in before the semester is over. He’s working his little head off and I like to keep him well fed during this busy time of year! This dip won my husbands stamp of approval because it packs quite a punch of heat but isn’t so hot that you can only have one little bite. It’s a great food for snacking while he works, works, works!
That’s all for this week folks! See y’all Monday!
|Sriracha Bean Dip|
- 1 15oz can of white beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (or to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons sriracha hot sauce or any spicy chili sauce
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon hot curry powder
- 1/4 cup of water (addition water needed if you need to make the dip smoother)
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- crackers, pitas, or fried crispy bread
- In blender, combine all ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Serve with your favorite crackers or toasted, fried bread.
Recipe Source: White on Rice Couple