Recipe type: Main
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1 T. sesame oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bit-sized pieces, seasoned with salt & pepper
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 c. frozen peas & carrots, thawed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 c. chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 c. soy sauce
- Heat oils in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken pieces to hot oil and cook until chicken is no longer pink. About 6-7 minutes.
- Add peas & carrots and onion. Cook 2-3 minutes more. Add garlic.
- Add rice and stir to combine with ingredients.
- Push all ingredients to one side of the pan. Add eggs to the other side of the pan and stir constantly to scramble.
- After eggs are cooked, stir them into the other ingredients. Add soy sauce and stir to coat. Let cook for about 1 minute more.
- Serve immediately with extra soy sauce if desired.
Recipe by Sweet Tea and Taters at http://sweetteaandtaters.com/?p=1651