|Spicy Honey Roasted Almonds ||
Recipe type: snack
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- 2 – 2 1/2 cups raw almonds
- 1/8 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat your oven to 325° F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. If using parchment, lightly oil it.
- Combine the sugar and salt in a bowl large enough to accommodate the almonds and set aside.
- Melt the honey in a large skillet over low to medium heat. Add the cayenne and the almonds and stir until all the nuts are coated with the honey and spice.
- Spread the nuts in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes. Let the almonds cool slightly and toss them in the sugar-salt mixture. Remove the parchment or wax lining from the baking sheet and spread out the almonds on it again to let them cool completely.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and they’re ready!
Recipe by Sweet Tea and Taters at http://sweetteaandtaters.com/?p=1597