Well, most days I feel like a nut in one way or another. I love almonds! They are by far my favorite type of nut for snacking. They are delicious in their most raw form but they are equally delicious when they are covered with honey, sugar, and spices! I was looking at FoodGawker last night, (which by the way, is a very dangerous thing to do at night when you are trying to avoid late night snacking), and I came upon these spicy honey roasted almonds over at Lemons & Anchovies.
WARNING: If you use the full amount of cayenne pepper that is called for in the recipe, your face might burn off.
Cayenne pepper is NOT to be messed with! It’s HOT STUFF! I put in 1/4 t. of cayenne and I still felt the heat. If you don’t like heat, don’t add it. Other than that, these nuts look very indulgent but are actually a great, healthy snack! WINNING!
|Spicy Honey Roasted Almonds||
- 2 – 2 1/2 cups raw almonds
- 1/8 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat your oven to 325° F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. If using parchment, lightly oil it.
- Combine the sugar and salt in a bowl large enough to accommodate the almonds and set aside.
- Melt the honey in a large skillet over low to medium heat. Add the cayenne and the almonds and stir until all the nuts are coated with the honey and spice.
- Spread the nuts in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes. Let the almonds cool slightly and toss them in the sugar-salt mixture. Remove the parchment or wax lining from the baking sheet and spread out the almonds on it again to let them cool completely.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and they’re ready!