Today is one of those days. A day that is already starting out on the wrong foot due to my overly-worried, stressed out for no good reason, overly-controlling, endless-list making, crazy, whack-a-doo mind that JUST WON’T TURN OFF. Seriously, I’m starting to think I’m a freak of nature. Just.Stop.Thinking.
Luckily, today is also a day when our dinner will be a no brainer. No thought required. Just set it, and forget it.
Shredded Taco Chicken in the crock-pot is such a great go-to meal. It can be used for all kinds of things- tacos, sandwiches, salads, quesadillas, pizza topping, burritos, baked potato topping, breakfast migas, nachos, taco pasta bake, and the list goes on!
I put the chicken on flour tortilla tacos for my husband and then I put it on a salad for myself. Dinner, Done.
|Crock-Pot Taco Chicken|
- 4-6 boneless, chicken breasts (about 2 lbs. total)
- 1- 16 oz. jar salsa (I used pace)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- Place the chicken breasts in a crock-pot.
- Sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Pour jar of salsa over chicken. If your salsa is really thick, you might want to add a little bit of water.
- Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours or on high 3-4 hours.
- Shred chicken and return to sauce.
- Serve however you want!