Well, Matt and I are back from South Carolina today and I’m playing catch up from being gone for almost two weeks! It’s time to get back to reality- laundry, cooking, errands, and exercising! Oh, for Pete’s sake, I have GOT to EXERCISE and burn off some of those calories I consumed in the south! Since we just got back in town today, we have no plans for Easter. In fact, we will probably end up eating at Chili’s Bar & Grill just like we do every Sunday after church. But that’s ok. It’s nice to be home.
This week on Sweet Tea & Taters…
- Do you love Peeps? Well, crack open the box of marshmallow ducks and try them dipped in chocolate & sprinkles!
- Need a dessert for Easter lunch? How about a southern classic pound cake made with 7Up, fresh lemons, and fresh limes.
- After all the strawberry picking we did in SC, I whipped up a delicious fruit dip to snack on with the berries! This fruit dip is good with any fruit but strawberries are my favorite.
- When I say side dish, you say eggs! Side dish… EGGS! Pimento cheese stuffed deviled eggs that is!
- I eat salads everyday for lunch so I’m happy to add this spinach strawberry chicken salad to my repertoire. It’s fresh, light, and completely satisfying.
Even though I’m not cooking for Easter this year, I still wanted to let you know about some great recipes I found from fellow bloggers!
- The Brown Eyed Baker has made some delicious looking peanut butter eggs!
- Rebecca, over at Ezra Pound Cake has a great recipe for an asparagus cheese tart that would serve as a great side dish at your Easter dinner.
- My friend Nikki at Pennies on a Platter twisted up some Italian Easter bread that looks like so much fun to make!
- If you are having an Easter brunch, try out the white chocolate blueberry muffins over at Pinch of Yum!
- One more suggestion for a great side dish. At my favorite website, Southern Living, there is an amazing recipe for roasted fingerlings and green beans with a creamy tarragon dressing!
- I found some really creative Easter table centerpieces at Better Homes & Gardens.
Next week on Sweet Tea & Taters…
- I’m using the official South Carolina state snack, boiled peanuts, to make a delicious dip!
- A leftover Easter ham idea
- A time saver, slow-cooker recipe that can be used for lots of different dishes!
- Baseball season is here! I’m putting a new twist on a ballpark classic.
See y’all Monday! Happy Easter! He has RISEN!