Mint chocolate chip ice cream is my favorite flavor but you could make this pie with any kind of ice cream.
I like to think this pie speaking to me.
“You lookin’ at me?”
Yeah, I’m lookin’ at you, now GET IN MY BELLY.
|Ice Cream Pie|
- 20 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1 T. melted butter
- 1/2 gallon ice cream
- hot fudge sauce
- Make the crust: Stick Oreos (whole cookies, filling and all) in the food processor and crush them. Pour melted butter over the crushed Oreos and stir (or pulse in the food processor) until all the crumbs are moist.
- Press the crumbs into a pie pan or a springform pan and freeze for 30 minutes.
- While the crust is freezing, take the ice cream out of the freezer to soften.
- Working quickly, spread ice cream over the crust (it might not take the whole 1/2 gallon) and return it to the freezer.
- When you are ready to serve, warm the hot fudge sauce and drizzle over the pie. Use a warm knife to cut slices.