Anyway, I just love to watch those actresses pour themselves into those skin tight dresses wondering how many hours they put into the gym in the past month and how the heck they go to the bathroom in those outfits! All the while, I sit on the couch in my pjs, chowing down on some delicious snacks.
This years Best Snack Oscar goes to….
Brown Sugar BBQ chicken drumettes! Oh they are so delicious and they are baked, not fried! For some reason the smell of hot wing sauce makes me want to hurl. For realsies. These drumettes are tossed in a tangy and sweet bbq sauce and go great with some baked potato skins and a beer (or in my case, a caffeine free Diet Dr. Pepper).
|Brown Sugar BBQ Drumettes|
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 6 pounds chicken drumettes, patted dry
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ketchup, sugar, Worcestershire, and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Set aside 1 cup sauce for tossing raw chicken; use rest for baked chicken.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds; line two rimmed baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Divide drumettes between baking sheets, and toss with reserved 1 cup sauce.
- Bake chicken until opaque throughout, 30 to 35 minutes, rotating sheets and tossing chicken halfway through. Toss baked drumettes with 1/2 cup sauce, and serve with remaining sauce on the side.
Chicken drumettes are actually part of the chicken wing — just the right size for kids to nibble on. To store, refrigerate, up to 2 weeks.
Recipe Source: Martha Stewart