My dad’s most favorite dessert of all time happens to be one of my favorites as well. And it’s super easy to make! Only six ingredients and in about 10 minutes and you have an italian classic. I made individual servings of this dessert earlier this week for a reception I hosted but it’s even easier to make the recipe in one big dish.
Happy Weekend Y’all!
- *6 egg yolks (see note)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/2 cups strong espresso, cooled
- 2 teaspoons dark rum
- 24 packaged ladyfingers
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate shavings, for garnish
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer with whisk attachment, beat egg yolks and sugar until thick and pale, about 5 minutes. Add mascarpone cheese and beat until smooth. Add 1 tablespoon of espresso and mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a small shallow dish, add remaining espresso and rum. Dip each ladyfinger into espresso for only 5 seconds. Letting the ladyfingers soak too long will cause them to fall apart. Place the soaked ladyfinger on the bottom of a 13 by 9 inch baking dish, breaking them in half if necessary in order to fit the bottom.
- Spread evenly 1/2 of the mascarpone mixture over the ladyfingers. Arrange another layer of soaked ladyfingers and top with remaining mascarpone mixture.
- Cover tiramisu with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to 8 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle with chocolate shavings.
* Raw Eggs
*RAW EGG WARNING
I suggest caution in consuming raw and lightly cooked eggs due to the slight risk of salmonella or other food-borne illness. To reduce this risk, we recommend you use only fresh, properly refrigerated, clean grade A or AA eggs with intact shells, and avoid contact between the yolks or whites and the shell.
Recipe Source: Food Network