Hey there everybody! I hope y’all have had a great week and are looking forward to this Valentine’s Day weekend as much as I am. To be honest, I’m not doing anything that is really attached to the “holiday” but I’m just looking forward to my hubby being home for the weekend with me. No classes, no meetings, no nothing. Just me and my Matty hanging out together. I woke up fairly early this morning and as I opened the blinds, I was delighted to see soft, gentle snow falling slowly to the ground. Watching fresh snow fall is very soothing in the morning. I decided today will be a day of indoor activities which will include whipping up a small batch of marmalade and watching a romantic comedy with my honey bunny. Happy weekend everyone!
So, here’s my wrap-up for the week:
Monday- Chocolate cake truffles are a wonderful little V day treat for anyone! The mailman, the kids teachers, the next door neighbor, and (of course) your family.
Tuesday- Looking for a traditional southern fish dinner? Look no further. Pan-fried Catfish is a flavorful, healthy fish that will leave you satisfied without all the calories.
Wednesday- Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti is a great go-to slow-cooker recipe for all you busy little beavers out there. I love dinners that cook themselves! Sign me up!
Thursday- I featured Red Beans & Rice, the first of a few traditional Mardi Gras recipes I will be sharing this month. What’s so great about beans? Well, nothing until you add hot italian sausage, cajun seasoning and rice to them and then they become mind-blowing “you the bomb-diggity” beans! (Yes, I just said that.)
Friday- Red Velvet-Cherry Cake Roll. I don’t think I need to say anything else about that.
My other blogging homey’s featured some outrageous Valentine’s recipes. Here are some of my favorites:
- Over at Crumberry Bake Shop, Brett whipped up a Butterfinger Pie that is simply heavenly.
- Taste and Tell is featuring a Baked Red Velvet Donut that is just ridiculously awesome.
- My Kitchen Addiction published a recipe for Red Velvet Ice Cream. What the…??? Are you kidding me?!
- The Recipe Girl blew me away with a recipe for Nutella Heart Ravioli!
Next week on Sweet Tea & Taters…
- Another lip-smackin’ Mardi Gras classic recipe
- I’m whipping up a simple condiment that is absolutely essential to southern living.
- Cooking in season with some healthy, leafy greens